As a nonprofit fundraiser, much of your time is invested in grant writing, donor cultivation, and fundraising appeals, especially during Giving Season. AB Charities makes online fundraising easy, accessible, and sustainable, so you have the time you need to execute your mission year-round!
1. What is AB Charities?
We’re the arm of the ActBlue family that helps nonprofits build small-dollar fundraising programs with our easy-to-use online fundraising platform. Our mission is to help connect grassroots donors with the causes they support and work with charitable organizations and nonprofits to grow their fundraising base.
2. Why should I start raising money with AB Charities?
Raising the funds you need to sustain your work is no easy feat: Public funding is often inconsistent, grant applications take up a lot of time and resources, and end-of-year fundraising is highly competitive. AB Charities can help you raise more while spending fewer resources. Our online donation pages and tools meet your donors where they are by allowing them to give easily and securely from their own devices, and our team is here year-round to help support and develop your fundraising program. We’re excited to be part of your donor development strategy and help you raise non-restricted funds through our platform!
3. I’m new to the digital fundraising space. What kind of support can AB Charities provide?
Count on us to be a movement partner in this work. Our team of fundraising experts is always available to help you design and grow a powerful online fundraising program, so you don’t have to figure it out alone. We can also handle your donors’ customer service inquiries – all at no additional cost to you – so you can rest assured that you have a team of fundraising experts on your side.
4. How do I start an online fundraising page?
Each AB Charities account comes with a default donation page, so you’re all set to take Giving Season by storm as soon as you get set up! You can customize the page with a personalized donation ask, your organization’s colors and imagery, and more. While editing, you can even view your form as different people: yourself, a first-time donor, a returning donor, or an ActBlue Express user. When you’re done customizing your fundraising page, you can publish and share the form link to begin getting donations.
5. How much does it cost to set up an AB Charities donation page?
We’re proud that all the same great tools come standard for every group that uses our platform. There’s just a 3.95% processing fee we pass along to the organization.
6. What kind of fundraising tools does AB Charities have available?
- Monthly donations: Use our recurring gift tools to kickstart your monthly sustainers’ program or boost your existing program. Simply activate one of these features to ask automatically. This is a great way to leverage your Giving Season traffic into year-round support!
- Fundraising with partners: Our Tandem Fundraising feature makes it easy to fundraise jointly with other groups, which can help strengthen your partnerships with other organizations who are working alongside you in your issue area and maximize your support base and reach.
- Donor support: Monthly donors often slip through the cracks when their credit card information changes. You don’t have to worry about losing sustaining support with our Account Updater integration, which automatically asks donors to update lost and expired credit cards used for recurring contributions made on AB Charities.
7. How do I start a monthly donation program with AB Charities?
All AB Charities accounts are automatically set up to receive recurring donations, so getting your program started is as simple as activating the monthly donation tool you’ve chosen to supercharge your donor cultivation cycle! You can ask donors to make a recurring contribution through a pop-up using our Pop-Up Recurring tool, write a custom pitch to highlight the recurring option on your donation page using the Recurring Pitch tool, or offer a gift through the Recurring Incentive tool as an added reason to support you in the long-term. Our Smart Recurring tool will even calculate a recurring ask amount based on the donor’s one-time donation amount.
8. What kind of integrations does AB Charities have with other CRMs?
You can easily integrate our digital fundraising tools into your fundraising program. We integrate with several CRMs, including Google Sheets™, Salesforce, Salsa, Blue State Digital, Trilogy, and ActionKit. We’re always looking to add more, so if you work with a platform we don’t currently have an integration for, we’d love to hear about it!
9. Will my donors be able to use AB Charities easily?
Your donors deserve to feel comfortable and safe using our online fundraising platform, and we prioritize their security and ease every step of the way. One way we do this is by making it easy for your supporters to donate on their phones. Nearly half of all contributions given through our site are made via mobile devices, so all of our donation forms are mobile-optimized. AB Charities is also PCI Level 1 compliant and conducts recurring security audits, so your donors are safe with us.
We also know that donors like being able to save their payment information so they can easily give in the future on the AB Charities platform. With ActBlue Express, donors can securely save their personal and payment information and give with a single tap to any group that uses our tool. This results in a higher conversion rate and thus more money for you and your cause.
10. How do I get started with AB Charities?
Get started by filling out our setup form today! All you need is your EIN, mailing address, and mission statement, and we can get most groups set up and fundraising in a matter of days. If you have more questions about AB Charities, please email us at email@example.com, and one of our digital fundraising experts will be in touch with answers. We’re excited to start working with you and make big things happen this Giving Season and beyond!
Google Sheets is a trademark of Google LLC. Salesforce is a trademark of Salesforce, Inc.